If you have any questions that are not addressed below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.334.4616. We can be reached during regular business hours, 11am-5pm EST.
PURCHASING & SHIPPING
Thanks for shopping Lark & Key. We are a small, independent gallery located in Charlotte NC. Most of the items we carry are handmade, one-of-a-kind or limited edition. Explore by artists, visit our online shop or contact us for more available work.
Purchase by email or phone:
To make a purchase please contact us or call 704.334.4616 to let us know what you are interested in, your shipping address and preferred shipping method (USPS Priority – signature or no signature required – or FedEx). We will get a shipping quote then credit card payment can be made by phone or we can send a PayPal invoice.
Purchase from the online shop:
A small selection of our art, pottery and jewelry is available to purchase through our online shop. Choose your item, add to cart and you will be prompted through the checkout process. When purchasing from the online shop please review the following information before ordering. By placing an online order, you agree to the following terms:
– Order Processing: Online orders are shipped once a week. Purchases will be shipped within one week of ordering. If for some reason this is not the case we will contact you. If an alternative timing of your shipping is needed, please let us know and we will try to accommodate your request.
– Local Pickup (Charlotte, NC area customers): If wish to pick up your order – please enter discount code ‘LOCAL’ at checkout and you will not be charged a shipping fee. Orders will be available for pick up any time after being placed, during our regular business hours. ‘LOCAL’ orders will be held for pick up for up to 30 days from date of purchase. If they have not been retrieved during that time, we will refund your money via PayPal – less a $10 processing & restocking fee – and return the item to the shop (physical and/or online).
– Shipping (Domestic): Online orders are fully insured & shipped from Charlotte, NC via USPS Priority Mail. Orders with a retail value of $50 or less are shipped w/out signature required. Orders with a retail value of $51 or more are shipped with ‘signature required’. Contact us immediately upon ordering if you prefer to switch to ‘no signature’ or ‘signature required’. We will ship to the address provided on the PayPal receipt, unless otherwise directed. Please be sure you have the correct address listed and that is a secure location and/or someone will be available to sign. Lark & Key is not responsible for lost, stolen or abandoned packages – unless the shipping error is ours. When setting up the shipment via USPS we will provide your email address so you receive shipping notifications.
– Shipping (International): The online shop is not currently set up for international shipping. Contact us with the item you are interested in, your billing/shipping address and preferred method of shipping – USPS First Class International or USPS Priority International. Please note that insurance and tracking are NOT available for USPS First Class International. If you choose this option, we are not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen packages. International shipping times vary. Customs fees, taxes, tariffs or duties that may be incurred are the responsibility of the buyer. Some packages may require USPS Priority International shipping or alternative methods.
FOR ALL PURCHASES
Oops: Occasionally errors occur when entering an item description and/or price. There may also be times when an item listed for sale online has actually been sold in the physical store, and not yet marked as such. If a mistake has been made, we will contact you to provide an alternative item or refund. Unfortunately, we cannot honor listings with incorrect prices.
Packaging & Shipping Fees: Limited edition prints are shipped flat – packed in a cello sleeve with foam core, then inside a larger kraft envelope along with a piece of hardboard. Due to the fragile nature of pottery, it must be double boxed with plenty of cushioning materials. Packing for artwork and jewelry will vary, depending on the piece. Shipping fees are based on order amount, insurance cost, weight, and in some cases additional handling fees and/or ‘signature required’.
Payment: The gallery accepts Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and personal checks for in-store and phone orders. The online shop accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or regular account payments all through PayPal. You are not required to have a PayPal account to purchase from the online shop, although if you already have a PayPal account you may use it. PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).
Product Damages & Flaws: We work with independent artists and artisans that are creating work by hand. What may be considered damaged or flawed to some, may actually be intentional to the work. There are however, times when, for instance – the occasional piece of pottery might have a hairline crack (due to a bad batch of clay, etc) that may not be visible – until you pour liquid into the item and it leaks or breaks. We will be happy to provide a replacement or store credit if you find this happens within the first month of purchase, if accompanied by a receipt. Items damaged from use, general wear and tear, cannot be returned.
Returns & Refunds: All purchases are considered FINAL SALE. Some exceptions may be made at the discretion of staff, and subject to conditions. We do our best to provide quality images and full descriptions for items listed on the website & in the online shop. If you have concerns, questions or would like to see additional photos, please contact us before ordering.
Shipping (Damages): Unfortunately, the best packed shipment can suffer shipping hazards. Please check all packages immediately and contact us within five business days of receipt if there is a problem. Send an email detailing the damage along with photos of the damaged item(s) and packaging and we will file a claim. Hold on to all products and packaging materials until the claim is processed – the shipper may need to review them. We will replace or exchange your item if possible, give store credit or, in the case of one-of-a-kind items, we may provide a refund. If you do not provide sufficient damage information and images, or hold onto the packaging materials we will not be able to process a claim, therefore we will also not be able to provide an exchange, store credit or refund.
Shipping (Wrong Item Received): Every now and then we have an off day which results in a mix up of shipping labels or packing the wrong item. Please check your package immediately upon receipt to confirm it is the correct item(s) and contact us within three business days of receipt if there is a problem. If we accidentally packed the wrong item, we will send you a prepaid shipping label to return the item to us and send you the correct order. If we mix up packing labels with another order, we will send you and the customer that received your package new prepaid shipping labels so you can mail the shipments to each other.
– All North Carolina residents pay for 7.25% Sales Tax.
– Shipping/handling costs are nonrefundable and are not included in store credit.
– Sorry, we do not offer gift wrap.
– If your order is shipping as a gift and you do not want an invoice included, please let us know.
– Product colors may vary per screen.
OTHER COMMON INQUIRIES
Art Appraisals & Selling/Consigning: Lark & Key is a retail art gallery working directly with independent artists. We do not purchase or consign artwork from individuals looking to sell pieces from their collection or offer art appraisals.
Artist Submissions: Please see our submission information on the contact page.
Payment Plans: For certain items we are happy to work with the you to set up a payment plan. Please contact the gallery for full details.
Use of Website Images: Photographs and graphics on this website are the exclusive copyrighted property of Lark & Key, LLC. and/or of the individual artists we represent, used by Lark & Key for promotional purposes. Images may not be modified. If you are sharing images via blogs and various social media sites, please give credit where it is due by including a link to the original source where the visual lives and including the name (Gallery & Artist) in the text.